Schizophrenia is usually treated with an individually tailored combination of talking therapy and medicine. Most people with schizophrenia are treated by community mental health teams (CMHTs). The goal of the CMHT is to provide day-to-day support and treatment while ensuring you have as much independence as possible.Schizophrenia requires lifelong treatment, even when symptoms have subsided. Treatment with medications and psychosocial therapy can help manage the condition. In some cases,may be needed. A psychiatrist experienced in treating schizophrenia usually guides treatment. The treatment team also may include a psychologist, social worker, psychiatric nurse and possibly a case manager to coordinate care. The full-team approach may be available in clinics with expertise in schizophrenia treatment
Types of Psychotherapy
- Individual psychotherapy . During sessions, a therapist or psychiatrist can teach the person how to deal with their thoughts and behaviors. They’ll learn more about their illness and its effects, as well as how to tell the difference between what’s real and what’s not. It also can help them manage everyday life. Learn more about the different types of psychotherapy.
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT). This can help the person change their thinking and behavior. A therapist will show them ways to deal with voices and hallucinations. With a combination of CBT sessions and medication, they can eventually tell what triggers their psychotic episodes (times when hallucinations or delusions flare up) and how to reduce or stop them. Read more on how cognitive behaioral therapy can help thinking patterns.
- Cognitive enhancement therapy (CET). This type of therapy is also called cognitive remediation. It teaches people how to better recognize social cues, or triggers, and improve their attention, memory, and ability to organize their thoughts. It combines computer-based brain training and group sessions.
A CMHT can be made up of and provide access to:
Care programme approach (CPA)
- social workers
- community mental health nurses who have specialist training in mental health conditions
- Occupational therapists
- Counsellors and psychotherapists
People with complex mental health conditions are usually entered into a treatment process known as a care programme approach (CPA). A CPA is essentially a way of ensuring you receive the right treatment for your needs.
Best Schizophrenia Treatment in Hyderabad
If you are facing Schizophrenia Treatment problems, then you meet us, we are experts in Schizophrenia Treatment and we are offering the best services of Psychotherapy in Hyderabad. At Neya Psychiatric Clinic, Dr. Priya Nair is an Schizophrenia Treatment specialist, and has many years of experience.
Addressing the mental problem at the right time and timely treatment of the problem quickly resolves the problem. Mental problems are very diverse.
We offer time-effective therapy and provide you with the skills and knowledge to achieve the most advanced level of functioning in your daily life. In a supportive environment with trust we will work as a team to develop a shared understanding of your difficulties and identify how these difficulties affect your thoughts, beliefs, behaviours, feelings and daily functioning.
At the Neya Psychiatric Clinic, we know that state-of-the-art, evidence-based therapy and innovative psychiatry is paramount to your success. That’s why we prioritize exceptional personal service along with outstanding clinical treatment and medication management.